myTunes is my own music-library and player. I wrote it primarily because I wanted a music player with an iTunes-like rating system; so I can play my entire music collection on random, and mostly hear my favourite music.
- Plays MP3 and Ogg files
- iTunes-inspired rating system
- Random playback will mostly play your favourite music
- Keeps your music files organized in a nice directory-structure
- Keeps your ID3 tags and Ogg metainformation updated
- Imports ID3 tags and Ogg metainformation
- UI for tagging your music (e.g. this is music for hacking sessions)
- Filters for the random playback mode (e.g. don’t play classical music right now)
- UI for browsing your music library (by artist, by rating, etc)
- UI for searching your music library
See the trac page.